A Beautiful Day in the Strangerhood

Dispatches from the
front lines of human interaction...

All about us nobody people and our funny little stories and the feelings we all have.

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Office Space

I just overheard a voicemail on speaker phone from next cube... I guess the person my neighbor is trying to call isn’t available at the moment. Overheard: "Hello this is John Smith*. Today is March 15 and I ~AM~ in the office today... bla bla."Good stuff.
What will John Smith record tomorrow? Will he be in the office? Will he be on vacation? Will he provide an extension for one to contact in case of an emergency?
UPDATE: two women are arguing over who's responsibility it is to call the printer and ask him to adjust the leading on a line in a magazine. CATFIGHT! I extend my head over my cube wall and notice several others doing likewise. All that’s missing is the high-school cafeteria backdrop. And hair pulling.
UPDATE: Two more people just got into a mini-fight. Overheard: "I can't help you anymore; go ask them." The "them" would be the IS department. With mercury in retrograde, our email server has been down for over a week. They're trying to migrate us over to a new server but it's not going smoothly. Tensions are high

*creative licensing

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home